Icon is a 10 week accelerator program designed to produce the business model, traction and investment you need to succeed.
If you’re successfully selected into the program, in just 10 weeks Slingshot will help you to validate your business model, confirm you are developing a product or service customers want, build a minimum viable product (MVP) and demonstrate progress to investors and advisors.
The 10 week intensive program covers:
- Business Modelling
- Traction and customer insights
- Branding and marketing
- IP and trademarks
- Financial modelling
- Pitch Coaching
- Raising Capital
- 1:1 Mentoring with our Entrepreneur In Residence
All content will be delivered by the Entrepreneur In Residence, supported by leading content mentors who are experts in their field.
Here’s what you get:
- Up to $125,000 of investment and the opportunity to secure next round investment from, the Slingshot Venture Fund and our investment partners (see investment terms)
- 10 week structured program, led by industry experts, designed to get you investor ready
- An additional 12 week incubation program for selected teams
- Mentoring from industry experts, matched to you and your needs
- Access to a dedicated Slingshot team
- Access to international pool of investors
- Invitation to networking events
- Branding and marketing support
- Legal and financial advice.
PLUS you have the opportunity to attend the SXSW conference in Austin, Texas AND have a 1:1 mentoring session with Ash Maurya, Founder of Leanstack and bestselling author of ‘Running Lean’ and ‘Scaling Lean’
Slingshot will provide an initial upfront investment of $25,000 for 10% equity in your business.
Note: There are no hurdles to accessing this funding, all startups receive $25,000 on program entry.
Committed Follow On
Unlike other programs, the Icon program commits a further $100,000 of follow-on funding from the Slingshot Venture Fund. To access this funding you will need to receive follow-on investment from three or more investors. Importantly, the follow-on funding is at a valuation set by your startup with no discount.